281 Restaurant: Licensed

(a)        means a use:

(i)         where food is prepared and sold for consumption on the premises and may include the sale of prepared food for consumption off the premises;

(ii)        where a specific license for the sale of liquor is issued by the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission, that allows minors on the premises at any time; and

(iii)       that may have a maximum of 10.0 square metres of public area used for the purpose of providing entertainment;

(b)        is a use within the Eating and Drinking Group in Schedule A to this Bylaw;

(c)       must not have any openings, except emergency exits, loading bay doors or non-opening windows, on a façade that faces a residential district or abuts a lane separating the parcel from a residential district;

(d)        must not have an exterior entrance located on a façade that faces a residential district, unless that façade is separated by an intervening street;

(e)        if the public area is greater than 150.0 square metres it must not be within 45.0 metres of a residential district when the use is located within the C-C1, C-C2, C-COR1, C-COR2, CC-COR, CC-X, MU-1, MU-2 and S-R Districts, which must be measured from the building containing the use to the nearest property line of a parcel designated as a residential district;

(f)         does not require bicycle parking stalls – class 1; and

(g)       requires a minimum of 1.0 bicycle parking stalls – class 2 per 250.0 square metres of the public area.