1085 The Special Purpose – Future Urban Development District is intended to:
(a) be applied to lands that are awaiting urban development and utility servicing;
(b) protect lands for future urban forms of development and density by restricting premature subdivision and development of parcels of land;
(c) provide for a limited range of temporary uses that can easily be removed when land is redesignated to allow for urban forms of development; and
(d) accommodate extensive agricultural uses prior to development to urban uses.
1086 The following uses are permitted uses in the Special Purpose – Future Urban Development District:
(a) Accessory Residential Building;
(b) Extensive Agriculture;
(b.1) Home Based Child Care – Class 1;
(c) Home Occupation – Class 1;
(d) Manufactured Home;
(e) Power Generation Facility – Small;
(f) Sign – Class A;
(g) Sign – Class B;
(h) Sign – Class D;
(i) Single-Detached Dwelling; and
Back to Top
1087 (1) The following uses are discretionary uses in the Special Purpose – Future Urban Development District:
(a) Bed and Breakfast;
(a.1) Home Based Child Care – Class 2;
(b) Home Occupation – Class 2;
(c) Outdoor Recreation Area;
(d) Power Generation Facility – Medium;
(e) Sign – Class C;
(g) Sign – Class F;
(g.1) Sign – Class G;
(i) Utility Building;
(j) Vehicle Storage – Passenger; and
(k) Vehicle Storage – Recreational.
(2) Uses that are not listed in this District are discretionary uses if, at the time of the effective date of this Bylaw, they were:
(a) being carried on pursuant to a development permit issued by The City of Calgary, the Municipal District of Foothills, or the Municipal District of Rocky View; or
(b) being carried on in accordance with the applicable Land Use Bylaw in effect for the municipality where the use was located at the time the use commenced, but were specifically exempted by that Land Use Bylaw from the requirement to obtain a development permit.
(3) A use that meets the conditions of subsection (2) ceases to be a discretionary use if it is discontinued for six consecutive months or more.
(4) The applicant for a development permit for a use, pursuant to this section, must show that the use complies with the conditions of subsection (2).
41P2009, 30P2011, 4P2012, 4P2013
Back to Top
1088 In addition to the rules in this District, all uses in this District must comply with:
(a) the General Rules for Special Purpose Land Use Districts referenced in Part 9, Division 1;
(b) the Rules Governing All Districts referenced in Part 3; and
(c) the applicable Uses And Use Rules referenced in Part 4.
1089 (1) Unless otherwise referenced in subsections (2) and (3), the minimum area of a parcel is 64.0 hectares.
(2) The subdivision of a new parcel from an unsubdivided quarter section may be considered where:
(a) the purpose of the subdivision is to contain an existing Dwelling Unit and other related buildings; and
(b) the area of the parcel is:
(i) a minimum of 0.4 hectares; and
(ii) maximum of 4.0 hectares.
(3) If a parcel is less than 64.0 hectares at the time it has been designated Special Purpose – Future Urban Development District, the minimum area of a parcel is the area of that parcel at the time of such designation.
Back to Top
1090 (1) Where the parcel shares a property line with a lane, LRT corridor or street, the setback area from that property line must have a minimum depth of 6.0 metres.
(2) Where the parcel shares a property line with another parcel, the setback area from that property line must have a minimum depth of 1.2 metres.
1091 (1) Single Detached Dwellings and Accessory Residential Buildings on parcels designated as Special Purpose – Future Urban Development District must comply with all the rules, not including those referring to minimum area of a parcel, referenced in the:
(a) Residential – One Dwelling District when such uses are on parcels in the Developing Area; and
(b) Residential – Contextual One Dwelling District when such uses are on parcels in the Developed Area.
(2) The maximum number of Single Detached Dwellings on a parcel is one.
(3) Manufactured Homes on parcels designated as Special Purpose – Future Urban Development District must comply with all the rules, not including those referring to the minimum area of a parcel, referenced in the Residential – Manufactured Home District.
Back to Top