1025 (1) The Special Purpose – School, Park and Community Reserve District is intended to:
(a) provide for schools, parks, open space, and recreation facilities; and
(b) have parcels of various sizes and use intensities.
(2) The Special Purpose - School, Park and Community Reserve District should only be applied to land dedicated as school reserve, municipal school reserve, community reserve, public reserve, and reserve pursuant to the Municipal Government Act or its predecessors.
1026 The following uses are permitted uses in the Special Purpose – School, Park and Community Reserve District:
(a) Natural Area;
(b) Outdoor Recreation Area;
(d) Park Maintenance Facility – Small;
(e) Power Generation Facility – Small;
(f) School Authority – School;
(g) School Authority Purpose – Minor;
(h) Sign – Class A;and
Back to Top
1027 (1) The following uses are discretionary uses in the Special Purpose – School, Park and Community Reserve district;
(a) Community Entrance Feature;
(a.1) Community Recreational Facility;
(b) Food Kiosk;
(c) Indoor Recreation Facility;
(d) School Authority Purpose – Major;
(e) Sign – Class B;
(f) Sign – Class C;
(g) Sign – Class D;
(h) Sign – Class E; and
(i) Utility Building;
(j) Wind Energy Conversion System – Type 1; and
(k) Wind Energy Conversion System – Type 2.
(2) The following uses are additional discretionary uses if they are located in buildings used or previously used as Community Recreation Facility, Indoor Recreation Facility or School Authority – School in the Special Purpose – School, Park and Community Reserve District:
(a) Child Care Service.
10P2009, 17P2009, 38P2013
1028 In addition to the rules in this District, all uses in this District must comply with:
(a) the General Rules for Special Purpose Land Use Districts referenced in Part 9, Division 1;
(b) the Rules Governing All Districts referenced in Part 3; and
(c) the applicable Uses And Use Rules referenced in Part 4.
1029 The setback area from every property line must have a minimum depth of 3.0 metres.
Back to Top
1030 (1) All setback areas on a parcel, not including those portions specifically required for motor vehicle access, sidewalks, or any other purpose allowed by the Development Authority, must be a soft surfaced landscaped area.
(2) All setback areas must provide a minimum of:
(a) 1.2 trees for every 70.0 square metres for the use of School Authority – School;
(b) 1.2 trees for every 70.0 square metres for any use contained within a building previously used for School Authority – School; and
(c) 1.0 trees and 2.0 shrubs for every 45.0 square metres for all other uses.
1031 (1) All areas of a parcel must be a soft surfaced landscaped area unless specifically allowed by the Development Authority.
(2) All soft surfaced landscaped areas on a parcel with buildings used or previously used for School Authority – School do not require an underground irrigation system.
(3) Every building on a parcel must have at least one sidewalk connecting the public entrance to a public sidewalk, or in the case where there is no public sidewalk, to the nearest street.
(4) Where a building contains more than one use, every use that has an exterior public entrance must either:
(a) have a sidewalk connecting the public entrance to the sidewalk referenced in subsection (3); or
(b) have a sidewalk connecting that public entrance to a public sidewalk or to the nearest street.
(5) Every building on a parcel must have at least one sidewalk connecting the parking area to the public entrances of the building.
(6) Every sidewalk provided must:
(a) be a hard surfaced landscaped area;
(b) be a minimum width of 2.0 metres;
(c) have a different surfacing than the surfacing of parking areas on the parcel; and
(d) be raised above the surface of the parking area, when located in a parking area.
1032 The minimum number of motor vehicle parking stalls is reduced by 10.0 per cent where the building that generates the parking requirement is located within 400.0 metres of an existing or approved Capital funded LRT platform.
Back to Top